BMA Extravaganza


This piece named "Standing Odalisque" by Henri Matisse was my favorite one out of my three choose ones, I like it the best because of how realistic the woman's body is to an average American women today. It was honestly so refreshing to see a woman depicted with a normalized body instead of the stick skinny girls I see every single day on social media.  The texture and concept also caught my attention. It looks effortless and sophisticated due to the mix of the warm and cool colors added. The composition of this piece uses the vertical rule of thirds, L shapes, and I can even notice the golden triangle. There are leading lines that head towards the focal point which is the girl.


My next favorite piece was the "Traveling Circus" by Paul Klee, it caught my eye immediately because of the dot detailing. What I love most about this piece is the fact that the background is just as interesting as the characters within the painting. There was a lot of beautiful scratchy texture, and parts of the canvas provided a nice sense of texture as well. The composition of this piece followed the vertical rule of thirds, plenty leading lines and predominately radiating lines.


Patrick Henry Bruce's "Still Life: Flowers in a Base" was simple yet elegant. I rate this one last because of the simplicity compared to the other two. What drew me into the piece was the brilliant bright colors and secondly the texture. It made me feel warm and happy and reminded me of the spring time and that is another reason why I love it. The composition is made up of solid leading lines . It just looked so classic and thats the reason why I chose it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Event II: Art Party

Visual Analysis