Am I Colorblind?

Color mutants are among us-- women may have a spare set of x chromosomes can utilize the extra set to create a new yellow cone to create 1000s of new colors. You can look in a DNA test, you can see the gene for the 4th cone. When testing the woman, the showed 2 yellow lights that look the same to us but the lady with the extra chromosome didn't see a difference. But, rarely one of the woman could utilize the extra gene and saw two different colors. So naturally, even I thought twice... was this real, a tetracromat. After hearing about the lady, and the tests in the park it reminded me of when we stared at the white paper in the whitescape video... how we described what we originally labeled white as "a  blue toned white" and the woman did the same thing with the colors presented to her. This whole podcast made me come to the realization that I am color blind in a sense. No, not to the ROYGBIV rainbow but I am to ultraviolet and anything before and after our rainbow... I am literally unable to see any other colors, that is of course that I don't have an extra set of x chromosomes I don't know about. It was really interesting wrapping my head around the limitations of my vision of color. Just the idea of trying to imagine a whole new unique color is complete impossible. So yes, I am colorblind, not in the traditional sense, but in the realm of other creatures... my colors are quiet basic and muted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visual Analysis

Event II: Art Party

BMA Extravaganza